In Dr. Hudziak's role as Chief of Child Psychiatry and Director of the Vermont Center for Children, Youth, and Families at UVM College of Medicine and Medical Center, he has created a new way to help children and families, The Vermont Family Based Approach (VFBA). WE is a novel health promotion program based on the same pillars of wellness emphasized in the VFBA. The approaches of WE have been applied with great success even in the face of great adversity.
The four pillars of wellness exist as a product of decades of research focusing on neuroscience and health.
WE Fitness Resources
- Fitness mentors available for consultation within the residence hall
- 24/7 virtual group fitness offered in the residence hall
WE Mindfulness Resources
- Instructor-led meditation and yoga classes in the residence hall
- 24/7 virtual meditation and yoga programs in the residence hall
WE Nutrition Resources
- Mindful WE menu options prepared in the dining hall by UVM Dining
- Nutrition programs produced by UVM MSD students
- Dining hall tours and monthly cooking classes presented by UVM Dining
WE Relate Resources
- Education on developing good relationships
- Participation in WEmentors to pair-up with community youth