In Dr. Hudziak's role as Chief of Child Psychiatry and Director of the Vermont Center for Children, Youth, and Families at UVM College of Medicine and Medical Center, he has created a new way to help children and families, The Vermont Family Based Approach (VFBA). WE is a novel health promotion program based on the same pillars of wellness emphasized in the VFBA. The approaches of WE have been applied with great success even in the face of great adversity.
The four pillars of wellness exist as a product of decades of research focusing on neuroscience and health.
WE Fitness Resources
- Peloton bikes available 24/7 in each WE hall
- TRX suspension training systems available 24/7 in each WE hall
- In hall fitness center in CCRH and Wright Hall
WE Mindfulness Resources
- Instructor-led meditation and yoga classes in the residence hall
- Mindfulness instruction and practice at the beginning and end of every class in COMU001: Healthy Brains, Healthy Bodies
WE Nutrition Resources
- Mindful WE menu options prepared in the dining hall by UVM Dining
- Dining hall tours and monthly cooking classes presented by UVM Dining
- Lecture on the gut brain connection - how what we eat impacts our brain - in Healthy Brains, Healthy Bodies class
WE Relate Resources
- Learn the knowledge, skills, and attitudes on developing good relationships
- Participation in WEmentors to pair-up with community youth