During breaks in the routine schedule (particularly semester breaks and administrative holidays), there may be changes in parking options. This page contains "break parking" information for students.
Break Parking Information and Transportation (Student)
- Parking Rules & Regulations Remain in Effect: All vehicles must continue to display a valid parking permit during the semester break period and reading & exam periods. Read carefully as enforcement will occur during these times. Normal parking regulations go into effect the first day classes resume following the break.
- November 15 to April 1: No parking on the upper deck of the Gutterson Garage from 11:00pm to 7:00am. Violators may be towed at their own expense.
- Overnight Parking: Commuter Permit holders are not allowed overnight parking without valid authorization and paying additional fees. If you hold a Residential Permit and are leaving your vehicle while you are away at any time during spring recess, it must display a valid residential permit and be parked within the enclosed sections of the Gutterson Garage. Do not park in any uncovered surface parking of the facility. This will allow for snow removal in the surface parking areas surrounding the garage, your normally assigned parking areas and allow us to coordinate special event parking during the breaks.
- It's Still Snowing & There Are Special Events: Please watch for signs indicating dates and time of possible lot closures. In the event your desired lot is posted as closed, please refer to the paragraph above and follow the instructions for parking in the enclosed sections of the Gutterson Garage.
- Please call Police Services at 656-3473 for the Motorist Assistance Program during Administrative Holidays and Winter Break Days.