Campus is changing rapidly in many ways. In order to help our community members to adapt from a parking perspective, we ask you note some of the following changes concerning campus parking to be implemented by the beginning of Fall Semester 2019. Please stay tuned to this page for further updates and changes throughout the academic year.
What Was & What Has Changed!
Parking Zone & Location Changes/Athletic Campus
As improvements and additions are made to the campus infrastructure it has become necessary to reallocate parking zones and locations both for our employees and students. Please refer to our campus map for lots and locations. It is important you read the entire document. Changes in lot locations and permit zone/color designations are below in bold.
Gutterson Garage and its Surface Lots:
Portions of this area remain under construction. Please drive with caution and watch for signs, barriers, cones and flaggers directing you to alternative routes.
• Important Change: Residential permits, regardless of the designated zone or color of the permit, will no longer be allowed to park within the garage or its surface areas on all levels. Please note new signs in the area.
• Brown Commuter permits continue to be allowed to park daily at this facility with no overnight parking allowed. Commuter Evening permits continue to be restricted from this area between the hours of 9:00 am-1:00 pm, Mon-Fri with no overnight parking allowed.
• Important Note…Pay-By-App Parking located on the upper deck of the garage is for visitors. Students may not park in these spaces Monday through Friday between 7:00 am-3:30 pm regardless of payment. Student and employee parking in this lot is by permit only.
• Important Change: Employee White & Green permits will no longer be allowed to park in the Harris/Millis Lot at any time. This lot is for Blue Resident permits only at all times. Please note new signs in the area.
University Heights-South Lot
• Important Change: Employee White & Green permits will no longer be allowed to park in the University Heights South Lot. This lot is for Blue Resident permits only at all times. Please note new signs in the area.
Southwick Lot/Redstone Campus.
• Important Change: Residential Red permits will no longer be allowed to park in the Southwick Lot or street directly adjacent to the lot. Please note new signs indicating the lot is for Green & White Employee permits. A permit is required in this lot from 7:00 am-6:00 pm, Mon-Fri. Please note new signs in the area.