ETS recommends contacting Drive Savers, 1-800-440-1904 if the recovery options described in the article about data back up and recovery were not successful.
Information about Drive Savers, as of January 2011:
- Let them know you are a UVM affiliate, Discount code: DS82010
- they can provide a quote via e-mail
- Refer to dust size chart -Even a single grain of dust can ruin a drive
- Conforms to Federal Cleanroom Standards: Includes ISO14644-1:1999E, IEST-RP-CC-012.1 and Federal 209 E.
- Class 1-compatible construction materials: The Cleanroom is made of non-shedding, corrosive resistant and low outgassing materials to minimize the introduction of AMC (airborne molecular contamination) into the room.
- Full-coverage ionizing blowers above workstations: Ensure control of ESD (electrostatic discharge) in all critical areas of the Cleanroom.
- Strict air contamination control: Filtered air space contains less than 100 particles per cubic feet at 0.5 microns or larger. (A non-controlled environment can have as many as 1 million particles of this size.)
- Drive Savers is the only SAS 70 Type II certified data recovery company in the world.
- Pricing is based on the drive capacity, the operating system and turnaround time. The final cost is based on the complexity of the recovery and the final recovery results.
- Recovered data can be put on any type of backup media, including a hard drive or DVD. If your need is urgent, you can use our DataExpress service to download your data from our secure FTP site. We offer a free evaluation on our Economy Service. We will contact you with a diagnosis and price quote within 2 to 3 business days of receiving your device. If you wish to cancel at that time we will send your device back to you at no charge.
- The data recovery estimate for a 120GB Hard Drive example:
- Standard Service (1-2 business days): $770-3339 No charge if the data is unrecoverable
- Economy Service (5-7 business days): $700-1985 No charge if the data is unrecoverable –
- Priority Service (24/7): $1541-7621 $685 attempt fee if the data is unrecoverable *This service normally runs $700-$2700, based on the circumstances , DriveSavers has agreed to a one-time special exception price. This discount does not apply to the attempt fee or to any backup media you may purchase and is only valid for 7 days from the above date. Please Note: DriveSavers will never exceed the maximum amount quoted.
- Drive Savers will often pay for shipping both ways.