NOTE: This guide is intended for Outlook users who have a College of Medicine email account (firstname.lastname@example.org) configured as the primary account in their Outlook profile. If you are not part of the College of Medicine and use Outlook with your email@example.com account, you don’t need this guide as the UVM address book is added automatically.
When Outlook is configured with a College of Medicine account the default address book is populated with the College of Medicine directory, however, users who are not part of COM will not be listed in this address book.
To manually add the UVM directory as an Address book, follow these steps.
- Click File in the top left corner of the Outlook application.
- Select the Account you wish to add the UVM Directory to, then click Account Settings…
- Select the “Address Books” tab, then click New.
- Select “Internet Directory Service (LDAP), then click Next.
- In the “Server Name:” field, enter ldap.uvm.edu, then click the More Settings button.
- Verify the “Display Name” and the “Port” number are correct, then click the Search tab.
- In the “Search Base” area, select the “Custom” option. Enter dc=uvm,dc=edu then click OK.
NOTE:You will need to Quit and reopen Outlook for these changes to take effect.
- Open the Outlook Address Book. Make sure “More Columns” is selected, then choose the “ldap.uvm.edu” address book from the “Address Book” dropdown menu.
- Search for a UVM colleague and you should see that they appear in your search results.
- Thats it! You successfully added the UVM Directory as an Outlook Address Book via LDAP.