Eco-Reps are undergraduate leaders who foster environmental responsibility on campus. They work to educate their fellow classmates about sustainability issues by distributing information, creating, coordinating and hosting activities throughout campus and within residence halls. Their work is based on the philosophy that we can improve our relationship with the environment by making simple changes in our lifestyles.
What We Do
- Create behavior change campaign for the campus community.
- Develop messages and engage with students by informing them about sustainability issues.
- Conduct energy audits of light bulbs and appliances in residence halls. Then we offer new, efficient bulbs for old, inefficient ones.
- Conduct surveys about ecological issues around campus
- Attend weekly meetings to plan activities, events and formulate campaigns while providing feedback to the coordinator
- Set up and staff environmental information booths and exhibits
- Write articles about eco-topics for local newspapers
- Set up and maintain eco-bulletin boards in residence halls.
- Work in teams to formulate, test, and execute plans to improve each area of concern: recycling, water, compost, reuse, energy, and transportation
Topics We Address
- Waste Reduction, Composting & Recycling
- Sustainable Transportation
- Energy Efficiency & Conservation
- Food Systems
- Water Conservation
- Conscious Consumerism