What is the time commitment?
WOW Squad members must commit to Week of Welcome 2019, from Wednesday, August 23 through Monday, September 2. This includes:
- Mandatory training (August 21 - 23)
- First-Year move-in & Opening Weekend (August 23 - 25)
- Week of Welcome: WOW officially starts on the first day of classes (Monday, August 26) and continues through Labor Day (Monday, September 2).
Approximately 20-30 events take place over the course of Week of Welcome. WOW Squad members must be willing to work at approximately half of all WOW events. Shifts are selected during training based upon your availability/class schedule. If you are involved in activities that may conflict with your availability (Trek, RA, Peer Advisor, etc), please contact us prior to filling out an application.
What is the compensation?
- WOW t-shirt & swag
- A $300 stipend
- Free meals during training (and some shifts)
- Early move-in prior to training (for on campus housing)
- An awesome experience!
Who can apply?
- Current UVM students in good academic and judicial standing.
- Applicants must be available for a WOW Squad group interview on Sunday, February 24.
- WOW Squad must commit to the Week of Welcome program from August 21 - September 6. WOW Squaders should not have any major commitments (other than classes) during this time. Please contact us with questions about specific circumstances.
Applications for WOW Squad are now availabe. Please visit go.uvm.edu/upbapp19 to apply.