Orange bar We're in this together. As COVID-19 continues to impact all of our communities, we want to provide you with answers to frequently asked questions (FAQs) when it comes to your financial aid and billing, here at UVM.

We're Here to Help.


What about housing and meal credits?

Visit the response from the Office of Emergency Management (under the Residential Life and Housing section) for additional information. If you were determined to be eligible to receive a housing credit you will see this reflected on your student account. If the refund has created a credit balance, and you haven't already done so, please set up direct deposit (different than direct deposit for payroll) so that we can issue the refund. Refunds cannot be split, and will be issued to the student at the direct deposit account specified.

I need to pay my bill. How should I submit a payment?

Based on the current situation, we expect that mail coming to our office will be delayed as UVM has transitioned to a remote work environment. Learn more about our payment options at this time, with the best method being online payment.

Financial Aid

I need to submit my UVM loan promissory note.

Since promissory notes require an actual "wet" signature and cannot be sent electronically to us, you will need to mail this to our 223 Waterman address. Please understand there will be a delay for our office to receive your promissory note given the circumstances, but we will update your account once we have it. Please be sure to send both the promissory note and the self certification form.

I am concerned about making my loan payments

If you are experiencing trouble in making your loan payments (or your PLUS borrower is), we encourage you to reach out to your loan servicer to inquire about ways they may be able to help.

I have to send you a scholarship check. What should I do?

Review our information on submitting outside scholarship information and checks which includes the latest information based on the current situation.

What is the CARES Act Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund?

The CARES Act Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund provides funding to institutions to make emergency financial aid grants available to students. CARES Act funding is limited to expenses students incurred due to COVID-19 related disruption of campus operations and move to remote learning. These funds cannot be used to make up for lost wages for students or their families. CARES Act Emergency Grants do not need to be repaid. Students who haven't already submitted the CARES Act Emergency Grant Application, who believe they are eligible, and have incurred eligible expenses, may complete the CARES Act Emergency Grant Application. Our office will be making decisions as quickly as possible. Students will be notified of the decision to their UVM email.

Other General Concerns related to SFS

I have something to mail to SFS; can I still mail it?

We expect mail coming to our office will be delayed as UVM has transitioned to a work remote environment. Learn more about our payment options at this time, with the best method being online.

I want to meet with a member of your team, in-person.

Given the current situation we are not meeting with the community. However, you can certainly contact our office for assistance in other ways. Email is the best way to reach us.


How can I help a UVM student during the COVID-19 pandemic?

Make an immediate difference through a gift which can go to support student emergency travel funds, remote education assistance, community online training sessions, etc.

Make a gift to UVM's Pandemic Response Fund