Orange barA variety of scholarships are available to returning students at UVM.

Osher Foundation Scholarship and Crankstart Scholarship (Application Required)

If you are a UVM undergraduate student seeking your first Bachelor's degree after a significant break in your studies, learn more about the Osher Foundation Re-Entry Scholarship and Crankstart Scholarship, including eligibility and how to apply.

Robert Noyce Scholarship (Application Required)

  • The Robert Noyce Scholarship for Math and Science Teachers provides scholarships for undergraduate science majors to become teachers in high need school districts.
  • Recipients must teach two years in a high need school district for each year that scholarship funds are received.
  • Learn more and apply at the Noyce Scholarship website.

Leroy Ingalls 4-H Scholarship (Application Required)

Application (PDF)

  • For current University of Vermont students with “outstanding merit in character and 4-H club record and scholastic attainment in college.” The 4-H experience may come from Vermont or any other state.
  • The award is available every academic year and will be granted in the second semester; the monetary value will vary each year.
  • For questions, please contact UVM Extension at (802) 656-0311.

Army Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) Scholarships

  • Eligibility determined by ROTC, please contact Military Studies at (802) 656-5757.
  • Annual Scholarship assistance of full tuition and fees.
  • U.S. citizenship required.
  • Visit the UVM Army ROTC website for more specific information.
  • General information about Army ROTC scholarships can be found at the U.S. Army ROTC website.

Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) Scholarships

  • Offered through a dual enrollment agreement among UVM, Norwich University and Air Force ROTC.
  • ROTC instruction provided on the campus of Norwich University.
  • Eligibility determined by Air Force ROTC.
  • Annual Scholarship assistance of full tuition and fees.
  • U.S. citizenship required.
  • Learn more about the Air Force ROTC Detachment 867 at the Norwich ROTC website.
  • General information about Air Force ROTC scholarships can be found at the U.S. Air Force ROTC website.

Yellow Ribbon Scholarship - Out-of-State Students Only (Application Required)

Other UVM Funding Opportunities

  • The majority of funding available within the University is awarded as part of the main financial aid awarding process each year.
  • Students who encounter an emergency financial crisis or who have exhausted all options within their financial aid package but still need additional financing should contact Student Financial Services directly to speak with a counselor.
  • Some colleges and schools within the University have funding available to support research, internship, or educational travel opportunities. If you are interested in those types of opportunities, please contact your Dean's Office or Student Services team to inquire about available resources. Students should also connect with the Career Center regarding internship award opportunities, as well as the Office of Fellowships, Opportunities & Undergraduate Research regarding potential research support.