Lake Champlain Watershed Deicing Conference
We invite private contractors, municipal staff, elected officials and other local decision makers, watershed groups, and others interested in learning about the state of chloride in Lake Champlain and its tributaries, and about best winter maintenance management practices to the 2nd annual Lake Champlain Watershed Deicing Conference!
WHEN: Wednesday, October 10, 2018 (final agenda)
- State of Our Streams – Sean Regalado, VTDEC Watershed Management Division
- NH Case Study of State BMPs and Salt Reduction - Caleb Dobbins, New Hampshire Department of Transportation
- How and Why Snow Removal Companies Across Vermont and New York Use Low-Salt Best Management Practices - Holden Sparacino, UVM Rubenstein School of Environment and Natural Resources
- An Industry Perspective on Fighting Snow Effectively - Paul Vanderzon, Metal Pless, Inc.
- New Hampshire’s Green SnowPro Training - Patrick Santoso, Axiomatic
- Sustainable Winter Management (SWiM™) Case Study Results - Phill Sexton, Wit Advisors
Special opportunities for Snow Removal Professionals
Each Snow Removal Professional who attends the conference, completes an evaluation, and provides their contact information (separate from your evaluation) will be entered into a drawing to possibly win a $100 Amazon gift card courtesy of Princeton Hydro.
This event has been approved to earn those who participate 6 Certified Snow Professional (CSP) continuing education credits through the Snow and Ice Management Association (SIMA).
Exhibitors and Supporters:
The fine print: Issued in furtherance of Cooperative Extension work, Acts of May 8 and June 30, 1914, in cooperation with the United States Department of Agriculture. University of Vermont Extension, Burlington, Vermont. University of Vermont Extension, and U.S. Department of Agriculture, cooperating, offer education and employment to everyone without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, and marital or familial status.