The Office of Transfer Affairs (360 Waterman Building, 656-0867) coordinates transfer credit evaluation, but ultimately each academic program or department determines if a transfer course is equivalent to one in its department. Please see your advisor.

If you transfer to UVM from another college or university, the Office of Transfer Affairs will coordinate which courses transfer. If you have questions about their decisions, discuss them with your advisor. It is sometimes possible to get changes made if you provide additional information.

If you plan to take courses at another institution after you have entered UVM (e.g. summer courses or Study Abroad), get approval for these courses before you take them. Getting prior approval will eliminate many problems which might occur about the transfer of credit. If you take a course without getting prior authorization, saving the course syllabus, notes, and exams will be helpful in gaining transfer approval.

For more information, visit the UVM Office of Transfer Affairs website.