Nancy Voorhis is the Database and Web Developer for the Forest Ecosystem Monitoring Cooperative (FEMC). She is responsible for development and management of the FEMC data archive, website, and associated cyberinfrastructure. She most recently worked as a consultant developing software, performing web and database backend programming and providing system and network support to nonprofits and educational institutions. She started her career working for the USDA Forest Service as a Research Forester. Outside of work, she enjoys being active, and preferably outside, pursuing hiking, biking, cross country skiing, tennis, swimming – depending on the season.
Database and Web Developer
- Mathes, Steve, Nancy Voorhis, and Joss Stubblefield. 2006. Windows Policies through Samba. SysAdmin 15.11: 15-17.
- Voorhis, Nancy G. 1990. Precommercial Crop-Tree Thinning in a Mixed Northern Hardwood Stand. USDA Forest Service Research Paper NE-640.
- Voorhis, Nancy G. 1986. Sugarbush Management in Young Stands. Northern Journal of Applied Forestry. 3:20-22.
- Scott, Charles T. and Nancy G. Voorhis. 1986. Northeastern Forest Survey Site Index Equations. Northern Journal of Applied Forestry. 3:144-148.
- MeasureJ2X - the tree ring measuring program.
- WebTimer - automated scoring and timing software for Timbersports competitions