- Complete the Online Graduate College Application (apply for Fall 2024)
- Select PhD in Transdisciplinary Leadership and Creativity for Sustainability as your program choice.
- Follow upload requirements.
- Accepting applications on a rolling basis. Application review process will run from February through June 2024.
- Rolling consideration for internal scholarships
- Late-February: First-round acceptance decisions made, rolling admissions thereafter based on availability.
- Late-February to June: Ongoing rolling admissions.
- Graduate College Application
- Statement of Purpose
- Leadership Portfolio
- Three letters of recommendation
- College transcripts
- Resume or C.V.
- TOEFL scores for those whose native language is not English, and who have not earned a degree from a U.S. institution or an institution in Australia, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom, or an English speaking institution in Canada, Ghana, Kenya or Nigeria.
Statement of Purpose Prompts
In your statement of purpose (~1,000 words), please address the following questions:
- What attracts you to this PhD program? What is motivating your desire to participate in the program?
- What questions, learning edges, and/or methods might inspire the focus of your PhD inquiry?
Please submit a portfolio that reflects the bodies of work and lineages that have influenced your leadership, creative practices, and/or knowledge generation efforts. This portfolio should speak to what motivates your work and the experience that you will draw upon for your PhD research. While the portfolio may include documents and links, we also encourage a summary statement that provides an overview of the content included (not to exceed 500 words).
Letters of Recommendation
Applications will require three recommendations sent to the Graduate College (this most frequently holds up the application review process; start early to make sure your application is reviewed on schedule). We recommend that you choose letters of recommendation that can speak to these three criteria:
- Your leadership experience and creative practice
- Your ability to create the conditions, structure, and self-motivation to successfully complete a multi-year research/scholarship initiative
- Your willingness to engage with ambiguity, complexity, and tension in service to learning