Lola and George D. Aiken Scholars Program
First-year applicants with outstanding academic records are invited to apply to become Aiken Scholars. Each year, 20-30 students are selected as Aiken Scholars.
- Connect to a community of students who are committed to environmental sustainability.
- Build leadership skills and gain valuable service experience as you become an environmental professional.
- Participation in the spring NR 99 seminar for Aiken Scholars only.
- Priority housing in the Aiken Scholars’ Village in the environmentally-themed GreenHouse Residential Learning Community at University Heights South.
- Priority-in-class registration.
- Initiation fee paid for an honorary society membership.
- Participation in the Honors Spring Seminar Course in sophomore, junior, and/or senior year (optional).
Aiken Scholars Seminar (NR 99)
The Aiken Scholars Seminar course provides students the opportunity to delve into case study of a significant environmental issue. Topics change each year and involve guest speakers, field trips, and interactive discussion led by RSENR faculty members. Prerequisite: Open only to first-year Aiken Scholars. One credit.