UVM Principal Investigator (PI) is Lead on a Grant
Prior to Grant Application (as early in the process as possible)
- UVM PI needs to identify the project as a domestic multicenter trial with two or more sites.
- UVM PI determines, with other sites, who they wish to be the IRB of record.
- If UVM takes on that responsibility, UVM PI contacts the WIRB assigned account manager, John Gellert, to assist with budget development. A complimentary, detailed, quote will be provided for the submission (the lead time on this varies but you should begin no later than two weeks prior to your grant submission deadline).
- UVM PI should contact their assigned SPA Research Administrator to assist with the proposal development and submission process.
Just-in-Time Received, Site Start Up Materials
- UVM PI works with WIRB to provide necessary start up materials. The following are a few examples of what may be requested/required:
- UVM PI may request for WIRB to provide administrative support if needed. This service is free of charge at this time.
- Point of contact information for the UVM protocol
- UVM PI or designee needs to set up MyConnexus access for applicable UVM study personnel (this is the electronic portal that WIRB uses for all submissions)
- If requested, a Communication Plan (PDF) can be provided
- If requested, a Local context information (DOCX) (e.g. state law, etc) can be provided
Additional information can be found in the IRB Policies and Procedures Manual - Section 13.3. Procedures for Relying on External IRB for NIH Research.