Working together to achieve your goals
Whether your goals are to have fun and build group camaraderie or to enhance your team's performance, we will work with you to create an engaging experience for your small business or corporate group. Through dynamic activities, members of your organization will build community as they find creative solutions to solve problems, resolve conflict, and see each other in a different light.
Our Adventure-based programming can:
- Jumpstart team bonding through fun, interactive games and activities.
- Ease Transity by helping to incoorporate new members into the office environment.
- Create a more positive and comfortable work space where individuals are valued.
- Encourage appreciation of unique skill sets in individuals that may not otherwise be obvious.
- Develop effective communication skills and give a chance to discuss ways communication breaks down in an office environment.
- Simulate creativity by exploring different solutions to problems.
Past and present client include:
How do I book a program?
Fill out our "get a quote" form or call Megan at (802) 656-9111. We will get back to you as soon as possible!
How much does an event cost?
Each group is unique based on amount of people, length of time, and depth of programming. Please get in touch with us so that we can work to give you an estimate for your group.
What do I wear?
Wear clothes that you can move in and comfortable close-toed shoes. Layers are helpful as it is often cooler in the forest. If your program is indoors, wear what suits you. Ultimately, you are going to be at your best if you are comfortable and able to move well.
What should I bring?
- Completed and signed Liability and Medical Information form (Your group’s coordinator may collect these in advance)
- Snacks/lunch (Please note, any trash you bring into the course must be packed out)
- A full water bottle (We have no running water on the course)
- Extra layers (It’s always cooler in the forest)
- A raincoat (Our programs run rain or shine)
- Bug Spray and Sunscreen
- Any special medications you may need, such as bee sting kits or inhalers
- Please do not bring any valuables out to the course. We do not assume responsibility for items left on our course. Our course is located in the woods in South Burlington. People use the trails around our course for walking.
What about my cell phone?
We understand the need to be connected, but we ask for the duration of the day at the course to keep the phones away (except for taking the occasional photo). We hope that this will help to create a positive, comfortable, and safe environment for all our participants.
I'm participating in a program, what should I expect?
Be ready to have fun, be engaged and to challenge yourself! Expect to learn something new about yourself and about your group. Every program at with UVM Center for Adventure and Teambuilding is unique - your program may be indoors or out at the course. It may be focused on fun and team bonding or have a more specific focus such as working on communication or leadership skills. We may utilize low and high elements, or just be focused on ground work.
What is a ropes/challenge course?
A ropes course IS…
• A place where groups are challenged to better communicate with each other.
• A safe environment for individuals to challenge themselves.
• A place to learn the value of group support and encouragement.
• A place to for groups to have a shared experience outside of their typical environment.
• A program filled with activities designed to discover individual and group strengths.
• A program which may contain any of the following elements, depending on the group’s desired outcomes for the day: games, ice breakers, problem-solving initiatives, low ropes, high ropes or climbing elements.
A ropes course IS NOT…
• A place for competition. While some elements may contain a little bit of competition the activities are designed with group participation in mind.
• An obstacle/survival course. While we do have some more physical elements, the climbing portion of the course may only be a small portion of the day. Every activity that we do will have options for other ways to participate if you are not comfortable. For instance, if you are not comfortable with climbing, you will be able to help by belaying the climbing (keeping the climber safe).
Are ropes courses safe?
Adventure activities all carry inherent risk. Our course and equipment is managed by well-trained staff and inspected on a regular basis in order to minimize risk. Our goal is to create an environment where participants can challenge themselves while staying physically and emotionally safe.
What if it rains?
As the trees provide a nice canopy over our course, programs will operate during light rain. Please bring a rain jacket if there is a chance of rain in the forecast.
In case of inclement weather, we may move your program to a different date or offer an alternative indoor experience if requested. We will work with you in advance to discuss a rain plan.
Is there a maximum weight for participating in programs?
There is no weight restriction for low elements.
For high elements, there is approximately a 275 pound limit to climb. Our equipment is rated to much higher weight limits, but we are most concerned with properly fitting gear and the individuals comfort. Partipicants with may be asked to wear a chest harness in addition to a seat harness based on physical proportions.