"A safe campus environment is a right of employment for all categories of employees. A safe campus learning environment is a right of all involved in education and research."
- APLU Guide
President's & Provost's Responsibilities
The President & Provost are responsible for:
- Supporting the overall effectiveness and implementation of the University's environmental health and safety programs.
- Committing the University to a culture of excellence and safety; and
- Designating leadership to establish, maintain, and improve this culture.
Vice Presidents' and Deans' Responsibilities
The Vice Presidents and Deans are responsible for:
- Supporting and encouraging a culture of safety and the use of best practices in laboratory protocols and procedures,
- Ensuring that such practices are implemented and enforced in academic and administrative units for which they are responsible,
- Ensuring that departments have the resources necessary to adequately mitigate risks, and
- Communicating with Chairs and Directors about environmental health and safety responsibilities and programs that need to be implemented within their departments.