Whether you're an undergraduate or graduate student or continuing your education at UVM, we’re working to make your spring semester a success.
STEP ONE: PLAN (LEARNING AND HOUSING OPTIONS)
October 26 - November 13: Elect the at-home learning option to be an at-home learner
Please note: The deadline for submitting the at-home learner option was Friday, November 13 and the ATHM reversal process is now closed
Understand what it means to be an at-home learner.
Residential Life will assume that any student who has not completed the ATHM request AND who still has a residency requirement will be living on campus.
Residential Life answers returning student FAQs and outlines the process for:
- Fall 2020 At-Home Students returning to campus
- Fall 2020 On-Campus Students selecting “at home” for Spring 2021
- Fall 2020 On-campus Students selecting “on campus” for Spring 2021
Residential Life Key Dates:
November 1: Extended Housing Form opens on housing.uvm.edu (This form captures requests to stay on campus over Thanksgiving Break and to apply for Emergency Housing over winter break.)
November 13: At-Home Request Form Deadline
December 4: Communication about Quarantine Plan, Spring 2021 Housing Planning Form opens, and Roommate Pull-in's on housing.uvm.edu
January 7: New-to-campus (including Fall 2020 At-Home Students returning to campus) and new students room assignments released
January 19-27: Arrival for students required to quarantine on campus
January 28: Move-in for new-to-campus students not quarantining with UVM
January 30-31: Move-in for current students returning to the residence halls
STEP TWO: PREPARE
You will use UVM's online quarantine tool to determine when and where you can quarantine and the Center for Health and Wellbeing explains quarantine and safety during move-in, including guidelines for family members.
- Returning on-campus residential students: the form to indicate your interest in quarantining with UVM closed on December 16.
- New students and transfer students under 20 years old required to live on campus: after submitting a housing contract, you will receive your room and roommate assignments on January 7. At this time, you will be invited to indicate your move-in time and quarantine plan (this form will be due January 10). Please note: new students who made their deposit after January 7 should check their UVM email for next steps.
Once again, all students will take a pre-arrival test before returning to Burlington.
- Students quarantining at home can use the pre-arrival test as a part of their quarantine plan.
- Off-campus students who stayed in Vermont over break should complete their pre-arrival test prior to their Day 0 testing day. In other words, enter your Day 0 test day (between January 25-31) to determine when to claim your pre-arrival COVID-19 test from Color.
GREEN AND GOLD PROMISE
STEP THREE: ARRIVE
On-campus residential students
- View your step-by-step check-in and arrival process
- Understand quarantine and arrival health and safety requirements
Students Quarantining with UVM
- Quarantine Check-in and arrival process
- Quarantine Experience and Expectations
- Schedule, meal times, and FAQs: Welcome Guide on the UVM Compass app
Off-Campus Arrival Process
STEP FOUR: ENGAGE
- Schedule and view results on the CoVerified app
- Learn about who is required to test and the new exemption process
- Appointments for students with symptoms (rapid antigen tests available Monday-Saturday)
- Testing FAQs for students
Quarantine and Isolation
- Quarantine Information (transportation, check-in, experience, expectations, check-out)
In-person and virtual services
Events and involvement opportunities
- Mental health resources and support
- CARE Team and Form (if you are concerned for yourself or someone else, submit this form and the Dean of Students Office will follow up)