DO YOU NEED TO:
- Stay one extra night? Request a free one-night late stay in myHousing.
- Stay for break or return early before halls reopen? The flat rate of $150 for each week you stay will be billed to your student account (or $500 for all four weeks—sorry, daily rates are not available). Not all halls provide break housing, so you may need to borrow a room. Read more about academic breaks and sign up in myHousing.
- Get to the airport, or train station... or get a ride home? Check Transportation and Parking CATS service for semester break, commuting resources, or call 802.656.8686 for more information.
PLEASE NOTE: Students found responsible for a conduct violation during a previous late or break stay may not be eligible to register for a future late or break stay.
PREPARE YOUR ROOM:
- Take all belongings that you may need (halls are closed until the Sunday before spring semester begins).
- Remove perishables, dispose of trash, and recycle.
- Set the temperature to 65 or an equivalent setting.
- Unplug all electrical devices except refrigerators and fish tanks.
- Empty and unplug your refrigerator for this long break; and unplug everything from all outlets.
- Close and lock all windows and your door.
- Sign the checksheet on your door.
BE AWARE THAT:
- Our staff will enter all student rooms to verify safety guidelines have been met.
- Policy violations will be documented and referred through the student conduct process.
- Main desks are closed and mail will not be sorted or distributed during break.
GOT AN EMPTY SPACE IN YOUR ROOM? BE READY FOR A NEW ROOMMATE.
New students arrive in January, and during the break Custodial Services will clean all spaces in half-empty double rooms and all suite or shared bathrooms. Please leave half the room ready for a new roommate, and remove all personal items from shared bathrooms (to avoid an extra-cleaning charge). Sorry, we cannot accept new roommate requests at this time.
RETURNING FOR SPRING SEMESTER:
- Halls reopen at 8 a.m. the Sunday before spring semester begins.
- If you need to return early, you must sign up for break stay, and must stay in a break housing area halls reopen (which may mean borrowing a room). Read more about academic breaks and sign up in myHousing.
- If you have a financial hold that prevents you from registering for classes, you will not be able to move back to your room in January. Check with Student Financial Services to resolve any issues.