DO YOU NEED TO:
- Explore your travel options? Learn more about long-distance travel or call Transportation and Parking Services at 802.656.8686.
- Stay for break or return a couple of days before halls reopen? Register for one, two, three, or all four weeks. A flat rate of $156 per week will be billed to your student account (or $519 for all four weeks). Daily rates are not available. Read more about academic breaks and sign up in myHousing by 12:00 noon Friday, Dec. 13. GGP students whose contracts include winter break and current RAs will not be charged, but must still sign up for building access / security reasons.
- Return just one day early? For your convenience, we offer a one-day-early return option for $50. Request an early return for Saturday, Jan. 11 in myHousing by 4:00 p.m. Friday, Dec. 13. If you need to return to campus more than one day early, register for Break Week #4 ($156).
PLEASE NOTE: Students found responsible for a conduct violation during a previous break stay may not be eligible to register for a future break stay.
PREPARE YOUR ROOM:
- Take all belongings that you may need (halls are closed until the Sunday before spring semester begins).
- Remove perishables, dispose of trash, and recycle.
- Set the temperature to 65 or an equivalent setting.
- Unplug all electrical devices except refrigerators and fish tanks.
- Empty and unplug your refrigerator for this long break; and unplug everything from all outlets.
- Close and lock all windows and your door.
- Sign the checksheet on your door.
BE AWARE THAT:
- Our staff will enter all student rooms to verify safety guidelines have been met.
- Policy violations will be documented and referred through the student conduct process.
- Main desks are closed and mail will not be sorted or distributed during break.
IF YOU HAVE AN EMPTY SPACE IN YOUR ROOM, BE READY FOR A NEW ROOMMATE.
- New students arrive in January. During the break, Custodial Services will clean all spaces in half-empty double rooms and all suite or shared bathrooms.
- Please leave half the room ready for a new roommate. Remove all personal items from shared bathrooms (to avoid an extra-cleaning charge).
RETURNING FOR SPRING SEMESTER:
- Halls reopen at 8:00 a.m. the Sunday before spring semester begins.
- If you need to return more than one day early, you must sign up for break stay. Read more about academic breaks and sign up in myHousing.
- If you have a financial hold that prevents you from registering for classes, you will not be able to move back to your room in January. Check with Student Financial Services to resolve any issues.