- Each community has a required one-credit course for first-year students who are members of the Learning Community. These courses will be led by a UCF or Learning Community staff member.
- We are hiring outstanding rising sophomores, juniors, and seniors to lead a section of this course where students explore the Learning Community theme and expand their teaching experience.
- UCFs earn $11/hour (up to 6 hours/week), paid late-summer training, and one academic credit through enrollment in the accompanying UCF course.
1. 75 hours of paid time at $11/hour, which includes:
- 15 hours of training (included in the 75 hrs)
- Approximately four hours per week of paid time
2. Enroll in a one-credit UCF Course
3. Complete reading and assignments as part of the UCF companion course
4. Hold a section of the first year course
- Grade student reflections and offer feedback as necessary
- Meet with a faculty/staff on a weekly basis
5. Participate in a three-day training session the week before the start of the fall semester (August 24, 25, and 26)
6. Help with new student move-in
HOW TO APPLY
Select your specific Learning Community to access the application, review important dates, and find contact information.