Trading Spaces Information (First-Year)
Trading Spaces allows incoming first-year students to submit one of three requests:
1) Request to Trade Spaces to a different Learning Community
2) Request to Trade Spaces to a different Learning Community AND preference a roommate
3) Preference a roommate within your current Learning Community
The primary goals of Trading Spaces are to:
- Support students in getting their preferred Learning Community.
- Support students in getting their preferred roommate.
Trading Spaces allows students to make one request to change to a different Learning Community on campus and/or request specific roommates.
First-time, first-year students can submit a Trading Space request from Wednesday, June 1 to Friday, June 10.
Results of Trading Spaces requests to change to a different Learning Community will be communicated on July 15. Trading spaces requests for a specific roommate will be available on August 1 when room assignments are released (July 15 for Wellness Environment).
The next Trading Spaces period will begin soon after the Fall add/drop period ends September 12.
SUBMITTING A TRADING SPACES REQUEST
Submit one trading spaces request starting in early June.
- Login to housing.uvm.edu.
- The “Fall 2022 Trading Spaces/Roommate Requests” request form is located in the navigation bar.
- Make sure to “Save & Return to Homepage” to submit your request.
Once you have submitted the request you will not be able to edit or delete it, or submit multiple requests.
The request form will ask for:
- Your preferred Learning Community
- The NetID of your preferred roommate(s) if you have one
- If you are willing to accept a trade without your preferred roommate(s)
- Any other important details