picture of ResLife Staff

Need a job? Looking to gain leadership experience? Either way, you'll find opportunities right here in our halls and elsewhere on campus. Here are a few ideas to get you started:

  • Join Hall Council: Plan hall events and advocate for student voices in the residence hall community.
  • Get a work-study job.
  • Apply to be a program director or other student leader in a learning community.

Work-Study Jobs

If you would like to provide exceptional customer service to our residents and visitors, we'd love to have you earn your work-study award with us! Read more about UVM's work-study and check Student Employment to view current job postings.

  • Student desk staff - 11 locations
  • Residential Life main office staff - Robinson Hall
  • Fitness Center staff - 3 locations

Resident Advisor (RA)

RA block logo half

Resident Advisors (RAs) at the University of Vermont are an essential part of the residential experience. RAs play a critical role in actively fostering an inclusive, safe, and healthy community. Through supporting their peers by building intentional connections, repairing harm within a diverse and inclusive community when it occurs, to helping create an environment that supports academic and personal development, RAs are key in making UVM a home for students.

Inter-Residence Association (IRA)

IRA logo

IRA represents students living in the residence halls, and works closely with Hall Council to advocate for residents, and provide leadership development and community service.

Read more about the Inter-Residence Association