HOUSING SELECTION PROCESS:
STEP 1: COMPLETE HOUSING AND MEAL PLAN CONTRACT
The 2020-2021 contract is open February 3-17, 2020 to returners currently living on campus. To complete the contract:
- Log in to housing.uvm.edu. and select 2020-2021 housing and meal plan contract.
- Rank Learning Communities (LCs) in your order of preference. Students who have successfully completed their Learning Community course will receive priority for returning to that LC if they rank it highest.
- Indicate area of focus for LCs that have them (more info about Cultural Crossroads process - will link to separate page with that info)
- If you do not wish to be considered for an LC, rank traditional (unprogrammed) highest.
- Indicate if you want gender-inclusive housing (optional).
- Indicate a roommate preference (optional).
STEP 2: RECEIVE YOUR LEARNING COMMUNITY PLACEMENT
- Placements will be released February 25, 2020.
- Log in to housing.uvm.edu to view your LC placement.
- Students placed in Cultural Crossroad who indicated an area of focus will be invited to propose a themed "house" in their village (link to CC process page)
STEP 3: PARTICIPATE IN THE ROOM SELECTION PROCESS
- Shortly before your room selection event in February or March, we'll email you information with complete details on how and when to select your room.
- Order of room selection is based on class year as determined by completed academic credit.
- Students who have mutually preferenced each other as roommates on their contracts will receive details on how to choose a room together.
STEP 4: TRADING SPACES (optional)
- Trading Spaces is the final phase of returner room selection. To the extent possible, you will have the opportunity to move within your Learning Community (LC) or between communities by trading spaces with another student. These moves will begin in April after room selection has been completed and will be managed by ResLife staff.
- Trading Spaces can help support you in: 1) getting your preferred LC; and/or 2) getting your preferred roommate. As space permits, we’ll work to achieve both goals. If that is not possible, we’ll ask you which is more important to you—being in the LC, or having a specific roommate.