Our facilities staff inspects all student rooms in August. Soon after you move in, we will ask you fill out an online inspection form to verify your room's condition.
When and Why to Fill Out your Online Inspection Form:
- Online inspection forms are ready a week or two after August move-in. We will email you a reminder.
- If you switch rooms during the year, you should fill out an inspection form for your new room.
- Your room inspection form is used to determine damage charges after you move out. Not completing it means you agree with our findings, which may not be accurate. Filling out the form whenever you move to a new space can protect you from being billed for damage that occurred before you moved in. It only takes a minute!
How to Fill Out your Online Inspection Form:
- Log into myResLife and go to myHousing.
- Click on room inspection (pending).
- Agree/disagree with condition. Add any comments.
- Submit completed inspection
Top Five Things to Note:
1. Missing recycle bin
2. Marks on walls, tack holes, pin holes, scuffs, etc. (a major issue during damage appeals)
3. Marks or wear and tear of furniture (students are charged for scratches, burn marks, tear in seat cushions)
4. Blinds (they’re plastic, they get brittle, they crack, slats break in half, ropes are frayed)
5. Screens (document any holes or tears, or if one/two are missing)