Fall semester room and meal plan charges are posted to student accounts in July and payable in August.
Spring semester charges are posted in December and payable in January.
Each student is responsible for the nine-month housing fee and meal plan, one-half to be prepaid each semester. Semester bills are payable to Student Financial Services in August and January.
- Current students are billed for the actual room they choose during spring room selection.
- New students pre-billed before housing assignments are complete will be charged for a traditional double room. After room assignments are complete, we adjust room charges up or down to reflect the actual cost of the room the student is in.
- These adjustments appear on student accounts in the September billing cycle.
Room Rate Adjustments During the Year
- When a student moves from a less expensive room to a more expensive room (or vice versa), the room charge is prorated based on the date the room change occurs.
- If triples and quads are converted to double rooms, they are charged as such on a prorated basis.
When a triple breaks down:
- The third bed is not refilled.
- The remaining residents are charged the double rate (private, suite, or traditional) from the date the third student moves out.
- The student moving out is charged the rate of their new room type.
When a quad breaks down:
- The remaining students will be charged either the triple rate or double rate, based on how many residents remain in the room.
- The student moving out is charged the appropriate rate of their new room.
- The empty space(s) in the quad may be refilled. If that occurs, room rates will be readjusted.
When a quad or triple breaks down, extra furniture can be removed upon request.
Please do not move any furniture into the hallway – it’s unsafe and against fire code.