UVM Dining has a strong committment to social responsibility and works with regional businesses to provide as much organic and local food as possible to the entire campus community. The wide range of menu items gives everyone ample choices for creating nutritious, well-balanced meals.
ALTERNATIVE DINING NEEDS
- Students with alternative dining needs due to allergies, food intolerances, and/or dietary concerns should work with Student Accessibility Services.
- For alternative dining needs related to ethnic or religious observances, please contact UVM Dining directly.
- Students with specific meal-related concerns may request an individual consultation with a UVM Dining registered dietitian.
MEAL PLAN OPTIONS
Meal plans vary in cost and access to dining facilities. They feature a combination of unlimited access (all-you-care-to-eat meals in traditional dining halls) and retail points (a declining balance account that can be used at all locations on campus). With all meal plans, unused points carry over from fall to spring semester for students who remain on a dining plan. Any unused retail points are forfeited at the end of the academic year. Exception: Any additional retail points you add to your plan will roll over from semester to semester as long as are enrolled at UVM.
For their first semester, first-time, first-year students must choose the Unlimited Access Plan.
- The Unlimited Access Plan offers unlimited meal entries and 150 retail points per semester. The meal portion of the plan is only accepted in traditional dining halls that are all-you-care-to-eat facilities.
First-time, first-year students in their second semester, transfers, and all other students may also choose from:
- The Retail Points Plan: 1425 points and 25 meal entries per semester into the traditional dining halls.
- The Flex Plan: 160 meal entries into the traditional dining hall and 900 retail points per semester. This plan covers approximately 10 meal entries into the traditional dining halls per week and 60 retail points per week to spend in UVM Dining retail locations.
MEAL PLAN CHANGES
- Returning and transfer students should pick the meal plan that best suits their needs, and can change their plan at no extra charge during the first two weeks of each semester.
- First-time, first-year students must choose Unlimited Access Plan for their first semester, but may switch to a different plan for their second semester.
- Check Costs & Fees for complete meal plan descriptions and pricing.
- Check UVM Dining to explore venues and menus, special events, and more!
- More about meal plans