Come join a community designed for juniors and seniors who want to start adulting.
Located in Jeanne Mance Hall, this unique residential experience will offer students the opportunity to prepare for life after college while enjoying a more flexible living situation—no credit check, no security deposit, no lease to sign, and no need to find a subletter if you cancel your housing contract mid-year for study abroad or internships outside the Burlington area spring semester.
Working with the Career Center, Office of Student and Community Relations, and other campus and community organizations, students will have the opportunity to gain financial skills (managing credit cards, qualifying for loans and paying bills); connect with neighbors, city government and local organizations dedicated to creating a better Burlington; and develop leadership and professional skills. And, in addition to polishing your resume, you will have the opportunity to job-shadow alumni at organizations like Burton, Google, Harvard Business Review, the San Francisco Museum of Art, WebMD, Rainforest Alliance, NBC, National Geographic, and more!
- No more than one prior conduct incident for which you have been found responsible
- Completion of your on-campus housing requirement (if you had one)
- Experience job-shadowing opportunities to explore future career interests
- Learn how to manage your money to achieve your long-term goals
- Receive personal coaching to develop your Career Success Plan
- Participate in programs to develop other adulting skills
- Connect with alumni who have volunteered to coach students on careers and life after UVM
- Develop your own programs to create positive relationships with neighbors and reflect on how your service experience can be applied to leadership in the wider community
- Connect via group service opportunity to increase the health and safety of neighborhoods and reflect on approaches that result in making positive change
- Guaranteed non-triple room and confirmed housing by late November
- Access to programming specifically geared toward helping you to prepare for adulting after UVM
- Opportunities to interact with UVM alumni, neighbors, local organizations, and city government
- Professional staff on call 24/7 to respond to urgent maintenance and health/safety concerns; all halls fully equipped for fire safety; main desk open 10 a.m.-11 p.m. for lockouts, package pickup, etc.
- No credit check, no security deposit, no lease to sign and no need to find a subletter if you cancel your housing contract mid-year for study abroad or internships outside the Burlington area spring semester
- One charge per semester includes all utilities, internet, and laundry
Location for 2018-2019: Jeanne Mance Hall