In January, we welcome new first-year and new transfer students to UVM—and we also look forward to the return of our current students for a brand-new semester!
1. WHEN TO ARRIVE AND WHERE TO CHECK IN:
Halls open at 8:00 a.m. Sunday, January 12, 2020 for all returning students. (New students, check your assignment email for your move-in date.) To confirm you are here, check in at your residential complex main desk with your CATcard (UVM ID). Main desks are open Sunday from 8:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m.
Check in at your main desk to:
- Confirm you are here
- Maintain CATcard access to your building
Need to stay for break or return early?
- To stay for break or return more than one day early: Register for one, two, three, or all four weeks. A flat rate of $156 per week will be billed to your student account (or $519 for all four weeks). Daily rates are not available. Read more about academic breaks and sign up in myHousing by 12:00 noon Friday, Dec. 13. GGP students whose contracts include winter break and current RAs will not be charged, but must still sign up for building access / security reasons.
- To return one day early: For your convenience, we offer a one-day-early return option for $50. Request an early return for Saturday, Jan. 11 in myHousing by 4:00 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 7.
NEED TO FIND A WAY BACK TO CAMPUS?
- Check your long-distance travel options or call Transportation and Parking Services at 802.656.8686.
2. WHO CAN MOVE IN?
In order to move back in, you must be registered (or able to register) for classes. Contact Student Financial Services or 802.656.5700 to resolve a financial hold on your account.
3. AVOID BURST PIPES: KEEP WINDOWS CLOSED AND LOCKED.
UVM uses steam to heat our residence halls. Heating pipes can freeze quickly if you leave a window even just slightly open.
- When frozen pipes thaw, they may burst and cause a flood in your room and the rooms around you.
- Keeping your windows closed and latched securely can help prevent this.
- If a flood occurs because you left a window open, you may be billed for repair and cleanup charges.
4. NOT RETURNING TO UVM?
Please email us right away at email@example.com so we can process your checkout. We'll miss you!