STEP 1: COMPLETE HOUSING AND MEAL PLAN CONTRACT
The 2021-2022 contract is open February 16-28, 2021 for current students required to live on campus. Please follow this process if you are required to live on campus despite your at-home or in-person status:
- Login to housing.uvm.edu
- Click "Login" on the green navigation bar
- Select blue box at bottom: UVM - STUDENT SSO LOGIN
- Enter your UVM NetID and password
- Select 2021-2022 Housing and Meal Plan Contract.
- Rank Learning Communities (LCs) in your order of preference. Students have priority to return to their current LC if they rank it as their first choice.
- If you do not wish to be considered for an LC, rank traditional (unprogrammed) highest.
- Indicate if you want gender-inclusive housing (optional).
- Preference a roommate who has also begun their contract (optional).
- Select your meal plan (Unlimited Access, Retail Points, or the new Flex Plan)
STEP 2: RECEIVE YOUR LEARNING COMMUNITY PLACEMENT
- Placements will be released March 11, 2021.
- Log in to housing.uvm.edu to view your LC placement.
STEP 3: PARTICIPATE IN THE ROOM SELECTION PROCESS
- Shortly before your room selection event, we'll email you information with complete details on how and when to select your room.
- Order of room selection is based on class year as determined by completed academic credit.
- Students who have mutually preferenced each other as roommates on their contracts will receive details on how to choose a room together.
STEP 4: TRADING SPACES (optional)
- Trading Spaces is the final phase of returner room selection. To the extent possible, you will have the opportunity to move within your Learning Community (LC) or between communities by trading spaces with another student. These moves will begin in April after room selection has been completed and will be managed by ResLife staff.
- Trading Spaces can help support you in: 1) getting your preferred LC; and/or 2) getting your preferred roommate. As space permits, we’ll work to achieve both goals. If that is not possible, we’ll ask you which is more important to you—being in the LC, or having a specific roommate.