All move-out instructions apply only to students who are authorized to return to campus. Students have been provided with specific details on the move-out process and the options we can provide to them. To verify the move-out options available to you, please refer to your MyHousing page.
1. Before Returning to Campus:
All students authorized to return to campus to complete their move-out are expected to adhere to the criteria and guidelines below.
Criteria for Returning to Campus:
- Please be aware of the Vermont Travel and Lodging COVID-19 Orders that do not allow anyone traveling to the State of Vermont to stay overnight. Refer to Amendment 7 of the Governor’s executive order for more information about how this may affect you.
- Students, their guest, and the households of both should not currently, or within 24 hours, have experienced any of the following symptoms: a fever above 100.4° F, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, sore throat, headache, or a new loss of taste or smell;
- Students and their guest living outside of Vermont must have self-quarantined and practiced social isolation strategies for at least two weeks prior to the move-out date;
- No one in a student or guest household has tested positive for COVID-19;
- Even if non-symptomatic, no student or guest is allowed on campus if they have been in contact with anyone with COVID-19 in the 14 days prior to coming to campus.
COVID-19 Move-Out Guidelines:
- Students may be accompanied by one other person in a room to assist them;
- Students and guest must practice social distancing protocols (keeping six feet apart, frequent handwashing and mandatory wearing of cloth face mask);
- Students will have up to three hours upon their arrival to pack up belongings and leave campus.
2. During Move-out:
While on campus, adhere to the instructions below for a COVID-19-compliant move-out process.
Operations During Move-Out
- Checkout envelopes will be taped on your door in advance for your convenience;
- Trash bags and recycling bags will be available on your floor;
- Residence hall complex main desks will be staffed during move-out. Be sure to completely fill out your express checkout envelope before dropping it off at your main desk;
- All trash should be taken to the dumpsters outside of your residence hall. Trash rooms within our residential halls/complexes will not be open during move-out.
Additional Safety and Precautions
- Custodial staff will wipe down high-traffic areas such as doorknobs and elevator buttons;
- Hand sanitizer will be available at residence hall entrances;
- All on-campus buildings except residence halls will be closed;
- Internal doors will be unlocked/propped to minimize touching of doorknobsand make move-out easier. However, exterior doors will remain locked and student IDs will be required to enter buildings;
- To minimize the potential spread of COVID-19, shared equipment such as moving carts, cleaning supplies, and tools will not be available.
Spring 2020 Move-out will be an express checkout for all students authorized to return to campus.
Before you leave, sign the checkout sheet on your door. Be sure to completely fill out your express checkout envelope and return all keys. If you lost your key, write LOST KEY on the envelope. Drop it in the express checkout mailbox at your main desk. The following charges apply for keys not returned:
- Room key: $55
- Exterior building key (Cottages only): $55
- Bike room key: $25
- Elevator key: $500