This form was used to request approval of a remote option for fall 2020. This option was available to graduate students pursuing a master’s or doctoral degree or a Certificate of Graduate Study. The deadline to submit the form was Wednesday, August 26, 2020.
Before completing the form, please review the following to ensure that you fully understand the features and requirements of the remote option.
Students who choose the remote option:
- will need to register only for fall courses designated as synchronous remote courses (REMT) or asynchronous online courses (ONL), or for thesis (391) or dissertation (491) research, master’s project research (392) or continuous registration (901/2/3) credits that can be accomplished remotely,
- will not return to campus until spring 2021,
- will be able to access remote services such as writing support, digital library resources and reference librarian support, and advising,
- may be able to hold a graduate teaching or research assistantship, provided no on campus activities are required for the assistantship,
- will be exempt from the Covid-19 testing protocols for on campus students,
- will be required to complete the COVID-19 Health and Safety Training and the Green and Gold Promise,
- will not have CATcard access to on-campus facilities.
Important information regarding degree progression:
Before electing the remote option for fall 2020, students should consider possible impacts on progress toward their degree. Students whose programs require extensive lab, experiential, clinical, or practical coursework may not be able to choose the remote option. Students are responsible for understanding the impact of their schedule on progress toward their degree and for ensuring that their fall schedule does not require any in-person attendance. Students must also ensure they have no other activities that would require them to be on campus. Note that full time enrollment is 9 credits and half-time enrollment is 5 credits.