The UVM Retired Faculty and Administrative Officers (UVM-RFAO) is a long-established organization on campus with focus upon issues and developments of particular concern to the 500+ retired faculty and administrative officers; to provide information in a timely manner for important developments including retirement benefits, to represent the interests of retired faculty and administrative officers on campus, and to provide opportunities for social interactions among members.
President of the UVM-Retired Faculty and Administrative Officers, Emeritus Professor Jack McCormack, Ph.D.
Phone: 802-656-4494 or 802-578-0295, Email: John.McCormack@uvm.edu, Mail: Room B301 Given Medical Building, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405
The responsibility for organizational activities is carried out by the Executive Board which is made up of 8 members, elected at a Spring meeting of the organization, for two year terms. Three of the members of the Executive Board serve two-year renewable terms as President, Vice-President, and Secretary. Additional members may be appointed to the Board for specific organizational duties (e.g. voting representative to Faculty Senate; representative to Association of Retirement Organizations in Higher Education; editor of HERMES, the organizational newsletter; website coordinator.)
Board Members 2018-2019
Jill Tarule, Vice President
William Meyer, Treasurer
Mary Jane Dickerson, Hermes Co-Editor; Secretary Pro-Tempore
Lee Thompson; Secretary Pro-Tempore
Michael Gurdon, Representative to Faculty Senate, Senate Executive Council and University Benefits Advisory Committee
Your Executive Board meets monthly except in June and July and is currently involved in the following activities:
- Hosting annual fall and spring luncheons with a guest speaker.
- Monitoring and working with appropriate university officials on matters such as health care insurance and other post-retirement benefits
- Issuing an annual newsletter, Hermes, in the spring.
- Maintaining our web page and listserv to keep members up-to-date on Executive Board activities.
- Administering the UVM Retired Scholars Award Program
- Working with the UVM Foundation to assist in securing office/ meeting space for retired faculty and administrative officers in the current Alumni House initiative
- Membership and active involvement in the Association of Retirement Organizations in Higher Education (AROHE)