A monthly gathering with staff and university officials that oversee faculty professional development, to provide up-to-date information on programs and opportunities for career advancement, career-life balance and other topics of interest to new faculty.
AY 2020-2021 Brown Bag Sessions:
- Session One - September 29, 2020: New to the Faculty Meet and Greet with Provost Prelock and Associate Provost Vigoreaux
- Session Two - October 8, 2020: Engaging the Elephant: Addressing Religion and Other Worldviews in the Classroom
- Session Three - November 12, 2020: Developing a Strategic Plan to Achieve Your Research Goals (Slides - PDF)
- Session Four - January 28, 2021: Self-Plagiarism and How It Could Affect Your Career (Session Recording; Slides - PDF)
- Session Five - February 11, 2021: Unpacking Difficult Classroom Situations
(Slides - PDF; Reading Materials - PDF; References - PDF)
- Session Six - March 11, 2021: Professional Development & Training - Connecting to Our Common Ground (Session Recording; Slides - PDF)
- Session Seven - April 8, 2021: Contemplative Pedagogies (Blog Post; Web page) (Slides - PDF)
*All sessions held Noon-1:30 PM via Microsoft Teams.
AY 2019-2020 Brown Bag Sessions:
- Session One - September 12, 2019: How to Live a Rich, Well-balanced Life as a New UVM Faculty (PDF)
- Session Two - October 10, 2019: Indigenous Peoples’ Day: History, Meaning and Critical Current Issues* (PDF - Livak Ballroom)
- Session Three - November 14, 2019: Not All Active Learning is Created Equal (PDF)
- Session Four - January 23, 2020: Professional Development & Training - Offerings for Faculty (Postoned - To Be Rescheduled)
- Session Five - February 18, 2020: Fleming Museum - Offerings for Faculty (Materials TBA)
- Session Six - March 17, 2020: Contemplative Pedagogies (Blog Post) (Postponed - To Be Rescheduled)
- Session Seven - April 21, 2020: (Postponed - To Be Rescheduled)
*All sessions held Noon-1:30 PM in the Jost Foundation Room 422 (unless indicated with an asterisk), located on the fourth floor of the Dudley H. Davis Center.
AY 2018-2019 Brown Bag Sessions: