Advertising Copy - Required* Elements:
- The effective date of the position;
- The expected length of the appontment (if not continuing in nature)
- Position rank/title;
- Appropriate level of degree and field(s) in which it is required;
- A statement of appropriate instructional/outreach/research/professional/clinical expectations.
- A diversity statement. SAMPLE: The University is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community through their research, teaching, and/or service. Applicants are requested to include in their cover letter information about how they will further this goal; and,
- An AAEO statement. SAMPLE: The University of Vermont is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Applications from women, veterans, individuals with disabilities and people from diverse racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds are encouraged.
*The Office of the Provost may grant exceptions when there is a demonstrated need to do so, as part of a comprehensive recruitment strategy. This will most often occur when a Search Firm conducts the recruitment. Requests for exceptions should be discussed with the Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs. The recruiting department should note the exceptions granted in the "Notes/History" tab in PeopleAdmin
Optional language describing UVM and the Burlington community can be found here
National Professional Journals: For positions that include teaching responsibilities, departments are advised to place at least one of the following in the event that the candidate selected requires a work visa: print advertisement in a national professional journal which states the job title, duties and requirements; or advertisement in an electronic or web-based national professional journal provided that the ad contains the same information listed above for print advertisements; is posted for at least 30 calendar days on the journal's website; and that documentation of the placement of the electronic ad includes evidence of the start and end dates of the ad placement and the text of the ad (e.g. the ad must be printed out from the website on the first day, and again on the last day, of display). If, by way of a competitive search, you hire a foreign national for whom UVM will pursue permanent residency, please be sure to retain copies of all advertising for this position as proof of posting to U.S. Department of Labor at the time of application. This includes a copy of the position posting on UVM's website.
Submission & Approval: Proposed advertisement language should be submitted in the "Position Details" tab in PeopleAdmin. Approval of the requisition in PeopleAdmin will indicate approval of the proposed advertisement.
Last updated: 6/19/2018