PCIE Functions and Responsibilities
The primary functions and responsibilities of the PCIE are to:
- Promote the integration of the tenets in Our Common Ground statement throughout the culture, operations, and functions of the University of Vermont.
- Create, advise, and recommend priorities for strategic diversity engagement at all levels and in all areas of the University of Vermont.
- Track emerging diversity issues at the University of Vermont.
- Review, update, monitor, and endorse major institutional documents and initiatives through a diversity lens (i.e., the strategic diversity plan).
- Meet with the University of Vermont president each semester to discuss strategic diversity engagement at the University of Vermont.
- Make an annual presentation/report to the institution’s senior leadership (i.e., vice presidents and deans) about the university’s progress on advancing strategic institutional diversity goals.
- Provide opportunities for members of the University of Vermont community to share their thoughts, concerns, and ideas regarding diversity and inclusion at the University of Vermont.