Manage your FCOI Disclosures
News and Updates
UVMClick - Software Updates
- How to Login
- My Inbox
- Navigation and Basics
- Certification Types
- Complete and Submit FCOI Certification
- Update Your FCOI Certification Disclosure
- Respond to a Clarification or Change Request
- Respond to a Management Plan
- What Each Status Means
Frequently Asked Questions
- UVMClick – FCOI went scheduled to live, March 1, 2019.
- UVMClick – FCOI is a module in our new electronic research administration (eRA) system - UVMClick.
- Replaces UVM’s homegrown FCOI Disclosure system.
- Replaces UVM’s homegrown FCOI powerpoint training with CITI’s online, FCOI Training Course.
- No action is being requested.
- UVMClick – FCOI system will automatically remind Investigators when to log in and complete their annual FCOI certification/disclosure.
- Significant Financial Interest (SFI) means a financial interest that could directly and significantly, affect the design, conduct, or reporting of externally funded research. Investigators using UVMClick – FCOI will either certify no SFI or disclose SFI.
- Financial Conflict of Interest (FCOI) means a Significant Financial Interest (SFI) that could directly and significantly, affect the design, conduct, or reporting of externally funded research. All disclosed SFI will be reviewed at time of award by our Research Compliance Officer or the FCOI Committee to determine if the SFI is a FCOI.
- UVM FCOI Policy (PDF) requires disclosures be made by all “Investigators”.
- “Investigator” is defined as the Principal Investigator (PI), Project Director (PD) or any other person, regardless of title or position, who is responsible for the design, conduct, or reporting of research proposed to, or funded by, external sponsors, under grants, contracts, cooperative agreements, or other awards for research.
- Annual certification/disclosures are required by all Investigators. UVMClick – FCOI system will automatically remind Investigators when they must log in and complete their annual certification/disclosure.
- The annual certification/disclosure satisfies the requirement that a disclosure is made at time of proposal submission.
- If an annual certification/disclosure is not present at time of proposal submission, SPA will trigger an event that directs the Investigator to log in and complete a disclosure.
- All new faculty or any other new hire, regardless of title or position, who will be responsible for the design, conduct, or reporting of extramural supported research, and has yet to complete a FCOI disclosure, should immediately login to UVMClick – FCOI, and complete their first annual FCOI certification/disclosure.
- At time of award acceptance, for those disclosures that indicate a Significant Financial Interest (SFI), SPA will trigger a Research Certification update.
- All research certifications where an SFI exists will be reviewed by our Research Compliance Officer or the FCOI Committee to determine if the SFI is a Financial Conflict of Interest (FCOI).
- Where an FCOI exists, award funds may not be released into PeopleSoft financials until the FCOI is either eliminated or managed with a management plan.
- UVM FCOI Policy requires Investigators to complete FCOI training every 4-years.
- Current training expiration dates have been migrated from our legacy system to UVMClick – FCOI.
- If your FCOI training has expired, UVMClick – FCOI will prompt you to complete CITI’s FCOI on-line training at time of your annual disclosure or research certification, whichever comes first.
- CITI is our online FCOI Training source.
- Always login to CITI through the “Log In Through My Institution” portal.
- FCOI Training reminders will come directly from CITI.
- Award funds may not be released into PeopleSoft financials until all Investigators are FCOI trained.
1. No formal UVMClick - FCOI system training sessions are being scheduled. The system is very intuitive to navigate and make disclosures/certifications.
2. See User Guides, FAQs, TIP Sheets on this webpage for information about the UVMClick - FCOI system, procedures, and process.
3. If you find you need assistance or if the Department would like to arrange a demonstration of the system, please contact ConflictofInterest@uvm.edu.
1. UVM FCOI Policy requires Investigators to complete FCOI training every 4 years. CITI is our online source for FCOI Training.
2. Login to CITI through the "Log In Through My Institution" portal, selecting the University of Vermont.