- The Service TREK Leader Internship Application is available online at the Lynx here and is due on Sunday, April 9th at 11:59pm. (login with UVM NetID and password will be required)
Note – you will be asked to sign up for an interview within the online internship application.
- A summary of the Service TREK Leader Internship is available here for more details about training, what you’ll learn, and more.
- The Wilderness Trek Application is available online at the Lynx. (Login with your UVM NetID and password). Check out this PDF for more information on becoming a Wilderness TREK Leader.
Service Trek Leader Applications
Service TREK Positions:
Service Trek Logistics Coordinator
Service TREK is also hiring a logistics and administrative coordinator! This summer position is responsible for arranging and managing the logistics of our Service TREK trips, assisting new students and their families with registration and other questions, and representing Service TREK at our orientation sessions in June. This is a great hourly paid position for a past TREKKIE or leader interested in learning the ins and outs of making TREK happen. We’re seeking an enthusiastic, friendly, and organized coordinator to work 10 hours per week from approximately 5/1/17 – 8/31/17. Note: it is possible to lead a Service TREK Trip and serve as the Service TREK Administrative Coordinator.
Apply with a cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com by April 1, 2017. More information is available at the Student Employment Office’s JobX board – search for position 5100
Service TREK Training Coordinator Internship
Service TREK is additionally hiring a Training Coordinator Intern! This is a fantastic role for a past trip leader or other experienced leader interested in learning how to produce and facilitate out-of-the-classroom training and workshops. This is a three-week internship beginning in early August (exact start date flexible) and continuing through the end of our Service TREK Leader Training.
- Past experience with leading TREK or Alternative Spring Break is required, as is commitment to service as an integral part of your UVM experience.
- Prior experience with facilitating dialogues, creating curriculum for and/or presenting workshops, or public speaking is required.
- Past experience with and interest in facilitating group discussions about the value of community engagement and new student transition concerns is preferred.
- Students with all majors are welcome! A cumulative 2.5 GPA maintained through the 2015-2016 academic year is required.
- Prior experience with recreational (campground) camping is helpful, but not required.
- Current UVM van driver certification or ability to become UVM van certified is required. For more information on van driver eligibility, visit www.uvm.edu/drivers.
- Ability to assume a leadership role and responsibility for assigned projects and small groups as well as maintain a positive and flexible attitude is a plus!
Service TREK Application Process and Timeline:
- Apply online via the Lynx (login with UVM NetID and password will be required) by April 2nd, 2017. If you are unable to find the application using the link above, visit: http://thelynx.collegiatelink.net, and navigate to “Organizations” then “Leadership and Civic Engagement.” You will find the application in the Forms section at left.
- Interviews will take place in the first two weeks of April; we expect to complete hiring by by April 28, 2017.
- Questions can be directed to Laura Megivern, Assistant Director of Student Life for Leadership and Civic Engagement.
- More information is available on our handy information sheet!