Learn TREK Leader Internships
- Read what being a SERVICE TREK Leader or WILDERNESS TREK Leader entails.
- Attend an info session and learn the requirements for becoming a TREK Leader:
- Service Trek Info Session: Wednesday, March 28th – 7PM; Spruce Room
- Wilderness Trek Info Session: Thursday, March 22nd - 7PM; Livak Ballroom
- Still have questions? Send an e-mail to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fill out an Application
- Service TREK Leader Application is now available online via the Lynx and must be completed by Monday, April 2nd at 11:59pm.
Note – you will be asked to sign up for an interview within the online application. Interviews will take place the first two weeks of April.
- Wilderness TREK Leader Application is now available online via the Lynx starting and must be completed by March 29th at 11:59pm.
Service TREK Positions:
Service Trek Logistics Coordinator
Service TREK is also hiring a logistics and administrative coordinator! This summer position is responsible for arranging and managing the logistics of our Service TREK trips, assisting new students and their families with registration and other questions, and representing Service TREK at our orientation sessions in June. This is a great hourly paid position for a past TREKKIE or leader interested in learning the ins and outs of making TREK happen. We’re seeking an enthusiastic, friendly, and organized coordinator to work 10 hours per week from approximately 5/1/18 – 8/31/18. Note: it is possible to lead a Service TREK Trip and serve as the Service TREK Administrative Coordinator.
Apply with a cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com by April 2, 2018. More information is available at the Student Employment Office’s JobX board – search for position 5100
Service TREK Training Coordinator Internship
Service TREK is additionally hiring a Training Coordinator Intern! ( job description - pdf)
This is a fantastic role for a past trip leader or other experienced leader interested in learning how to produce and facilitate out-of-the-classroom training and workshops. This is a three-week internship beginning in early August (exact start date flexible) and continuing through the end of our Service TREK Leader Training.
• Past experience with leading TREK or Alternative Spring Break is required, as is commitment to service as an integral part of your UVM experience.
• Prior experience with facilitating dialogues, creating curriculum for and/or presenting workshops, or public speaking is required.
• Past experience with and interest in facilitating group discussions about the value of community engagement and new student transition concerns is preferred.
• Students with all majors are welcome! A cumulative 2.5 GPA maintained through the 2017-2018 academic year is required.
• Prior experience with recreational (campground) camping is helpful, but not required.
• Current UVM van driver certification or ability to become UVM van certified is required. For more information on van driver eligibility, visit www.uvm.edu/drivers.
• Ability to assume a leadership role and responsibility for assigned projects and small groups as well as maintain a positive and flexible attitude is a plus!