Learn TREK Leader Internships
- Read what being a SERVICE TREK Leader (pdf) or WILDERNESS TREK Leader (pdf) entails.
- Attend an info session and learn the requirements for becoming a TREK Leader:
- Trek Info Session #1: Jan 29th – 7PM; Davis Center - JOST Foundation Room,
- Trek Info Session #2: Feb 4th 7PM; Davis Center - JOST Foundation Room,
- Applications are now open: http://go.uvm.edu/trekapp
- Still have questions? Send an e-mail to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Service TREK Positions:
Service TREK Training Coordinator Internship
Service TREK is additionally hiring a Training Coordinator Intern! ( job description - pdf)
This is a fantastic role for a past trip leader or other experienced leader interested in learning how to produce and facilitate out-of-the-classroom training and workshops. This is a three-week internship beginning in early August (exact start date flexible) and continuing through the end of our Service TREK Leader Training.
• Past experience with leading TREK or Alternative Spring Break is required, as is commitment to service as an integral part of your UVM experience.
• Prior experience with facilitating dialogues, creating curriculum for and/or presenting workshops, or public speaking is required.
• Past experience with and interest in facilitating group discussions about the value of community engagement and new student transition concerns is preferred.
• Students with all majors are welcome! A cumulative 2.5 GPA maintained through the 2017-2018 academic year is required.
• Prior experience with recreational (campground) camping is helpful, but not required.
• Current UVM van driver certification or ability to become UVM van certified is required. For more information on van driver eligibility, visit www.uvm.edu/drivers.
• Ability to assume a leadership role and responsibility for assigned projects and small groups as well as maintain a positive and flexible attitude is a plus!