Each Returning OL will have the opportunity to:
- Be a mentor and role model to the new OLs.
- Support our local social media team, promoting UVM Orientation via Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Serve as part of the Welcome Crew for new OLs and setup Harris/Millis before new OLs arrive.
- Assist with the "itsy bitsy move" of training supplies from the Davis Center to Harris/Millis.
- Help create positive group dynamics, as well as plan and organize social activities to which all OLs are invited.
- Meet with new OLs and assist them with their personal and professional goal setting.
- Be a duck! Teach and role model the FISH! Philosophy. Get fired up for each session!
Please Note: Returners move into Harris/Millis on Saturday, May 19th for Prep & Training.
In addition, the following tasks will be assigned to 1 or more returner OL:
- Teach the OLs how to create amazing & educational bulletin boards.
- Explain and role model how to present a creative OL Report.
- Present the FISH philosophy during training and implement a plan to keep that philosophy alive throughout Orientation.
- Plan training activities and team building surprises.
- Assist with OL meals (pick up, breakdown, etc).
- Provide support with audio-visual equipment and troubleshooting.
- Coordinate Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream shuttles on Early Arrival evenings.
- Golf Cart Privileges!