ARRIVING FOR TREK!
Once you are registered for a TREK trip, you will receive e-mail correspondance to the e-mail you provided in your registration with what you can do to prepare for your trip. Detailed information of the logistics for arriving on campus (where to park, what moving-in looks like, etc) will be e-mailed to you closer to your TREK experience - so be sure to frequently check the account you (the attending student) listed on your registration form.
In the meantime, please note that trip arrival and check-in is the morning of Saturday, August 18th (we are unable to accommodate students the night prior). Check-in begins at 7:00 - 9:00am for those attending a Wilderness TREK trip, and 8:30am -10:30am for those attending a Service TREK trip. Once you are checked-in you will be given time to access your residence hall to quickly drop off your belongings in your room prior to heading out on your trip. You will have plenty of time to unpack and set-up your room when you return from TREK on Thursday, August 23th (the day before regular First Year move-in).
Students (and any attending family) are asked to be back at the Davis Center for our Welcome / Send-Off ceremony at 10:00am for Wilderness Trek participants, and 11:00am for Service TREK participants. More arrival and move-in information is available in our Frequently Asked Questions.
DO I NEED TO COMPLETE ANY EXTRA FORMS?
Possibly! Some of our trips require an additional liability form or release form. Check below to see if there are forms for your trip and if there are, print them out, complete them and mail or fax (802-656-7731) them to:
Wilderness TREK / Service TREK
Department of Student Life -University of Vermont
310 Davis Center, 590 Main Street
Burlington VT 05405
- All Service TREK trips: Complete a liability waiver for the Adventure Ropes Course (pdf). Check out this helpful letter (pdf) from our friends at ARC about what to expect.
- Canoeing: Release Form (pdf)
IF YOU APPLIED FOR FINANCIAL SUPPORT...
You will be notified by the e-mail provided during TREK registration of award amounts and outstanding balances by July 9th. For more information about the TREK financial support process, check out this page. If you have any questions about the financial support process, please don’t hesitate to contact us at:
- Service TREK: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wilderness & Transfer TREK: email@example.com
- Phone: (802) 656-2060
Get a rundown of the specific items you'll need to bring with you on your TREK trip below - all Trekkies should read our quick Packing and Preparation guide to prepare yourself for your TREK experience!
CHECK IT OUT...
- Check out the UVM TREK Facebook Page to stay in the loop and connect with other TREKKIES from the past and present.
- If you really like the Outdoors, you'll really like UVM's outdoor-related Clubs, Events, Classes, Trips, and more (pdf)!
- If you really like Service Work, you'll really like UVM's service-related Clubs, Events, Classes, and Trips (pdf)!
- A Final Update for TREK Families, including logistics as to when, where to check-in and park will be sent out (and included here) at a later date. Stay tuned! Be sure to keep checking your inbox.
DON’T FORGET TO LOOK FOR THE TREK TABLE AT ORIENTATION!
Say "hi" to program staff and trip leaders, pick up some free goodies, and ask any questions.
A final update for TREK Families, including logistics as to when, where to check-in and park will be sent out (and included here) at a later date. Stay tuned!