Summer Internship Overview:
- Orientation Leaders (OLs) welcome the Class of 2022 and their families to UVM!
- OLs highlight UVM’s spirit, mission, academic curriculum, and co-curricular experience.
- You work collaboratively with a staff of 50+ individuals to produce and facilitate UVM’s student and family orientation programs throughout June.
- Participate in various training sessions in the spring, as well as 2 weeks in May to prepare and learn about UVM, yourself, and our program.
- Promote positive interaction among participants during group discussions, icebreakers, meals, and activities. Assist with their transitional experience by serving as a resource (i.e. leading campus tours, serving on information panels, etc.)
- OLs introduce and model UVM’s community rights and responsibilities, demonstrating what membership in our community is all about.
- Provide administrative support for the program, including preparation of Orientation materials, bulletin boards, and posters.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned.
- Have Fun! Be Yourself! Stay Engaged!
What You'll Learn:
- Interpersonal and group facilitation skills
- Social justice training
- What it means to be a UVM Leader
- Problem-solving techniques
- Public speaking
- Plan and implement programs
- Be a team player
- All sorts of fun facts about UVM!
- Please know that students must be available and committed to the internship throughout the May - June period. Additionally, Orientation Leaders hired for Summer 2018 are not permitted to hold outside commitments and involvements during this time frame. However, if you have any questions or concerns about outside commitments and involvements during the summer, please contact email@example.com.