Students are required to stay on campus and will share a room with another incoming first year student from their academic school or college. Linens (blankets, sheets, pillows and towels) are NOT provided - so be sure to pack accordingly. We recommend students bring a sleeping bag, pillows, towel, and sheets as desired. Alcohol, drugs and tobacco are not permitted in the residence halls at any time.
Gender Identity: UVM accommodates all gender identity expressions. Feel free to let us know what room assignment makes you feel most comfortable.
You will recieve a detailed schedule at check-in on the first day of your session. In the meantime scope out the Day 1 and Day 2 programs at-a-glance to get a feel for what you'll be doing during Orientation:
- Check in between 8am and 10am at the Harris Millis Complex to receive program materials and room keys.
- Campus Bus Tours
- University Welcome begins at 10:30 a.m.
- Academic Unit Meeting
- Welcome Meeting with your Orientation Leader and Student Group
- Residential Life and UVM Dining Services Information Sessions
- Campus Life and Academic Information Sessions
- Barbecue Dinner
- "I am UVM" Keynote Speaker
- Evening Social Activities
- Coffee and Bagel Breakfast
- Academic Advising Meetings
- Online Course Registration with Academic Advisors (Students will receive their appointment at check-in.)
- Brunch and Resource Fair
- Check Out by 3:00 p.m. (no exceptions can be made)
- If you have any questions about UVM's Orientation Program, please don't hesitate to contact us at (802) 656-4136 or email@example.com.