Here's what's in store for you:
- Work closely with 45 amazing undergraduate student leaders and be a part of the orientation family and the #uvmorientationmagic.
- Apply your skills & knowledge to help over 2,600 new students and their families transition into our UVM community.
- Deepen your understanding of and commitment to reflection and reflective practices.
- Engage in critical conversations centered on diversity, social justice, and inclusion, as well as facilitate workshops and trainings related to this work.
- Continue to develop your identity and philosophy as a student affairs professional and put into practice your skills and knowledge gained throughout your HESA experience.
- Enjoy a summer in Burlington and experience the awesome summer vibe.
- Learn about the many UVM Orientation traditions and mottos: from choreographed team dances to our duck/fish philosophies & so much more.
- Join the long legacy of graduate students that have significantly contributed to the success and growth of the UVM Orientation Program.
Overview of the Application Process:
- Applications are due by 11:59pm on Sunday, November 4th
- Applications are available here for first year applicants, and here for returners.
- Your application consists of an online application and a 45-minute interview. In your application please include the following: a current photo of yourself, current resume, and two professional references who we may contact – letters of recommendation are not necessary.
- Interviews will take place from November 5th to November 9th. If these dates do not work for you, please note that on your application.
- Our hope is to notify you about your candidacy by November 19th (this is the week of November break)
- If you have any questions, feel free to contact the Program Director for Orientation, Eric Carnaje, at email@example.com or 802-656-0044.