Here's what's in store for you:
- Work closely with 45 amazing undergraduate student leaders and be a part of the orientation family.
- Use your skills & talents to help over 2,600 new students and their families transition into our UVM community.
- Great professional and personal development experiences.
- Make new discoveries about yourself.
- Engage in deep dialogues about multiculturalism, social justice & inclusion, as well as facilitate workshops and trainings.
- We love personality inventories in orientation...get ready!
- Music! Dance Offs! The Wobble! Flashmobs! Need I say more - LOL.
- Enjoy the Burlington summer vibe.
- Random perks like driving a golf cart, eating a Ben & Jerry's Vermonster and lots of orientation swag!
- “Be a duck!” Learn the secret orientation duck motto.
- Join the long legacy of graduate students that have significantly contributed to the success of the UVM Orientation Program.
Overview of the Application Process
- Applications are due Friday, November 24th at 8AM. (Please Note: This is the Friday during fall break.)
- Applications are available here for first year applicants, and here for returners.
- Your application consists of an online application, interview timeslot, photo of yourself, current resume, and two professional references – letters of recommendation are not necessary.
- Sign up for an interview slot soon. Interviews are in the Orientation Office from Monday, November 27th – Wednesday, November 29th. If these dates do not work for you, please note on your application.
- Our hope is to notify you about your candidacy by Friday, December 1st.
- If you have any questions, feel free to contact Erin Baker at Erin.Baker@uvm.edu.