FALL SEMESTER BILLING INFORMATION
Mid July: Your electronic billing notification will be sent to your UVM email account. Once you receive the notification, access your bill from your myUVM student portal by clicking on “View Account and Billing Activity” found under the 'Student Account' banner of the Student Financial Services page.
Bills are due by 4pm, Friday, August 18th. Your account must be paid in full or settled with satisfactory arrangements before this date. Accounts not settled are subject to a $250 late payment fee and a hold blocking access to registration, grades and transcripts. You must set up direct deposit to receive your financial aid refund.
Because of the Federal Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), SFS cannot speak with anyone about the details of a student's financial aid or billing account, without authorization from the student. A student should set their parent or others up with Proxy access through their myUVM student portal if that person will be supporting the financial aspects of their education. Setting someone up as a Proxy will authorize SFS to speak with that person about your financial aid and/or account and billing information, along with providing your Proxy access to your account. A Proxy will not have access to a student's academic record. A student may set up multiple Proxies.
- If you have not yet applied for financial aid, complete the 2017-2018 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), online at fafsa.gov as soon as possible. You will need UVM’s school code, which is 003696. UVM does not use the CSS profile.
- The FAFSA is the only application required to be considered for Federal and University need-based financial aid, however additional applications may be required for state grants. Vermont residents who have not already done so should apply for a 2017-2018 Vermont State Grant online at vsac.org/grants as soon as possible. Out-of-state students should visit ed.gov/sgt to find their state agency contact information.
- You must reapply for financial aid each year online at fafsa.gov by February 1st to receive full consideration for all available aid.
MONITOR YOUR APPLICATION
- To check the status of your financial aid award, log into the myUVM portal. Use the “View My Requirements” and “View My Award” links under the 'Financial Aid' banner in the Student Financial Services page.
- Watch your UVM e-mail for any requests for information and respond promptly. We are unable to provide an official financial aid award until all requested materials have been reviewed.
- Set up a Proxy for your student account. A Proxy with Financial Aid access will be allowed to view your financial aid requirements and award. This access is important for parents and others who will assist you with your finances at UVM. A Proxy will not have access to your academic record. To set up a Proxy, from the myUVM portal, click on “Set up and Manage Proxy Access” under the ‘Account Access’ banner found on the Student Financial Services page.
ACCEPT AND FINALIZE YOUR AWARD
- Once you receive e-mail notification that your award is complete (via your UVM e-mail), log into the myUVM portal and click on "View My Award” under the 'Financial Aid banner in the Student Financial Services section page. Be sure to click the link "View Award Messages" for important information about your award.
- If you accept a Federal Direct Stafford Loan, visit studentloans.gov to complete your Subsidized/Unsubsidized Stafford Loan Master Promissory Note and Loan Entrance Counseling.
- If you are eligible for and accept Federal Work Study watch your UVM e-mail for critical FWS information and deadlines.
- If you accept a Federal Perkins Loan, click on “View My Requirements” in the myUVM portal to complete the Promissory Note. You will also need to complete Perkins Loan Entrance Counseling online at mappingyourfuture.org.