Students applying to UVM Bilateral Exchange, ISEP Exchange, ISEP Direct, and the UVM in… (Auckland and Galway) programs are required to meet with a study abroad advisor. Meeting with an advisor is optional for students applying to External or Direct-Enroll programs.
The Office of International Education schedules both virtual and in-person study abroad advising meetings using Navigate.
- If you are scheduling a virtual appointment, you will receive an email from your study abroad advisor with a Microsoft Teams meeting link in advance of your scheduled meeting time.
- If scheduling an in-person meeting, you should check-in upon arrival to the Office of International Education’s main office (Living/Learning B-101). Masks are required.
Before scheduling an appointment with a study abroad advisor, please make sure you have:
- Met with your academic advisor to discuss your academic needs while studying abroad and completed the Academic Planning Form (available on the Study Abroad Forms page). Make sure you understand what an academic advisor's role is in the study abroad process, as compared to the role of a study abroad advisor, so that you know what questions to ask when meeting with your academic advisor.
- Researched study abroad programs using the GoAbroad search function and have identified your desired term abroad and destination. You will be asked to specify the desired term and country when scheduling.
- Narrowed down the programs you are considering so that you have 1-3 specific programs to discuss with your study abroad advisor.
How to schedule an appointment on Navigate:
- Don’t have the Navigate app? Click here to download. Note: Mobile and desktop versions are available.
- Sign in with your UVM NetID and password. Select “Appointments” from menu and then click “Schedule an Appointment”.
- Make the following selections:
- What type of appointment would you like to schedule? Student Support Offices
- Service: Select your desired host country/region from the following options…
|Australia, New Zealand, South Pacific||Middle East|
|Austria, Germany, Switzerland||Netherlands|
|Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Greece||Scandinavia|
|France, Belgium||United Kingdom, Ireland|
- Pick a Date and click “Find Available Time”
- Select an available time.
- Confirm the appointment details:
- How would you like to meet? In-person or Remote (MS Teams)
- Would you like to share anything else? Write your desired host country and the term you plan to study abroad (Example: Czech Republic, Spring 2022). Enter any other details that you want the advisor to know about prior to the appointment time (i.e. specific questions, topics of discussion, etc.).
- Select how you want to receive reminders about the meeting: email and/or text and click Schedule.
Have additional questions about appointment scheduling? Not able to find an appointment time that works for you? Email email@example.com.