If you need to complete a budget sheet, you can find the appropriate template for your program on our Study Abroad Forms page. Please make sure to use the right template for the length of your program, and for the program provider (all program providers EXCEPT for Round River use the same templates, Round River students have a specific template regardless of program length).
Important Tips for Completing your Budget Sheet
- All cost estimates you list need to be based on evidence that is current to the time period of your study abroad plans. Do not use estimates from past semesters, as these could be out of date. If updated information is not available, please contact your program provider.
- Make sure to print out the back up documentation for where you found each cost you filled in on your budget sheet, plus the currency exchange rate and program dates. You will need to bring this documentation to your meeting with Student Financial Services, who will need to examine it and keep it on file.
- If you have not yet bought your airfare, please complete a sample airfare search (using a website like STA Travel, Student Universe, Kayak.com, etc) using the appropriate arrival and departure dates, then print out a sample airfare from that search and use that as your budget sheet estimate. If you have already purchased your airfare, you can use your actual airfare receipt.
- You do not need to fill in the Cost of Living line on the budget sheet. Student Financial Services will fill it in when you meet with them.
- Remember- the budget sheet lists the total estimated costs of study abroad BEFORE your financial aid is applied. Do not attempt to add in your financial aid- Student Financial Services will be able to calculate how much aid you will receive and on what date, and how it can apply to your study abroad term.
- OIE holds multiple Budget Sheet Help Sessions every semester, so if you try to make your budget sheet using the below directions and have questions, check the Calendar for when these will be offered.