This page has moved to here!
Medical students often find themselves stressed by academic challenges, high standards and career choice dilemmas. UVM recognizes that personal wellness plays an integral role in medical student success.
The UVM College of Medicine works to alleviate these stresses by:
- increasing connectivity between students and faculty and among students at all levels of the curriculum through participation in the Learning Communities
- providing students with effective academic and career counseling through regular meetings with their advisors
- cultivating peer mentoring relationships (academic and personal) for on-going support and guidance
Student-Led Wellness Initiatives
Committee for Medical Student Wellbeing
The students on this committee provide a confidential peer support system for medical students. They connect students to mental health resources and educate students on ways to stay happy, healthy and successful.The committee sponsors the following activities: weekly yoga classes, snacks prior to big exams, hikes and snowshoeing and BBQ's and potlucks. They also publish a biannual wellness newsletter. Read more about the committee on our student groups page >>
Campus Wellness Resources
UVM's Center for Health & Wellbeing is comprised of several offices which provide accessible, high-quality, prevention-oriented care designed specifically to meet the needs of UVM students
425 Pearl St.
|The Center for Health & Wellbeing offers a wide range of services to support your mind, body, and soul while you're at UVM. We do this by providing high quality, prevention-oriented student health care, mental health services, and a vigorous program of outreach and education. We offer care at several locations on campus.||Phone: 802-656-3350
1st Floor Davis Center, 590 Main St.
|Living Well creates opportunities for accessing information, identiying resources, developing skills, and making healthy choices. We do this through innovative programming, collaborating with and supporting campus partners, and advocating for individual and community health.||Phone: 802-656-0441|
Several locations on campus
|Nutrition Services is staffed by two registered dietitians who provide individual consultations, group presentations and special events to students. They also work collaboratively with other CHWB staff to help students overcome problem eating.||Phone: 802-656-3663|
UVM Counseling Center & Psychiatric Services (CAPS)
Hours: M-F, 8am - 4pm
The Counseling Center is a unit of the UVM Center for Health and Wellbeing. Individual, couples and group counseling are available to all enrolled medical students. Most student concerns and psychological problems are worked with in-house, while some specialized and longer-term matters may be referred to community psychotherapists. Counseling sessions are free, confidential, and typically scheduled once per week for 45-50 minutes.
|Jacob's House Office:
Our students have very diverse interests both inside and outside of the
classroom, ranging from playing music in local clubs and rock climbing
to club sports and, of course, taking advantage of the winter
recreational opportunities Vermont has to offer. Medical students also
have access to a wealth of UVM campus facilities and events
- UVM LCOM Student Interest Groups: Getting involved with interest groups is a great way for students to learn more about various careers in medicine. Students can connect with faculty, community physicians, residents, and senior medical students to learn more about career options, research and educational opportunities, shadowing opportunities, and even residency application tips.
- Davis Student Center: Offers great food, wonderful meeting spots, secret study nooks, and the LivingWell Center and pool tables are must-visit locations on the first floor!
- Gutterson Athletic Campus - a short walk from the medical school, which offers a fitness center,
swimming pool, ice rink, climbing wall, tennis and squash courts,
basketball courts, and more.
- Intramural sports are popular among the Robert Larner, M.D. College of Medicine at The University of Vermonte students, and teams have gone on to win championships in several sports.
- Check the UVM LCOM Calendar of Events
- Check the UVM all-campus Calendar of Events
- Check the "/Bored" Calendar for Campus and Burlington-area events
- UVM Athletics/Catamounts schedule
Last modified February 06 2017 12:35 PM