College of Medicine Facts & Figures
The college received nearly 6,054 applications for 114 positions in the Class of 2019, who began their first year in August 2015.
Class of 2019
- Median undergraduate GPA: 3.68
- Median MCAT Verbal: 10.0
- Median MCAT Physical Sciences: 10.0
- Median MCAT Biological Sciences: 11.0
Students come from 23 states across the U.S.
Class of 2015
2015 graduates went on to residencies at 69 institutions across the nation, including Brown University, Case Western University Hospitals, Children’s Hospital Boston, Danbury Hospital, Duke University Medical Center, Einstein/Montefiore Medical Center, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Kaiser Permanente Los Angeles, Massachusetts General Hospital, New York Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center, Oregon Health & Science University, San Antonio Uniformed Services, Stanford University, UCLA Medical Center, University of Washington, University of Vermont Medical Center, and Yale- New Haven Hospital.
- Number of living alumni of the College: 4,507
- Percentage of alumni who practice in New England: 44%
- Approximate percentage of Vermont physicians educated or trained at the UVM College of Medicine and/or UVM Medical Center: 38%
- Percentage of alumni who contribute philanthropically: 32%
(Market Value as of June 2014)
- 2015 Faculty and Department Support: $85,258,380
- Scholarship: $30,218,271
- Total Endowment Value: $115,476,652
Private Gift Revenues
Philanthropic giving to support the missions of the College of Medicine totaled $12.4 million for Fiscal Year 2015. For more detailed information about philanthropy, see page 42 in the 2015 Year in Review
Faculty & Staff
- Total Salaried Faculty: 702
- Volunteer (Vt., Conn., Fla., Maine, N.Y.): 1,485
- Staff: 423
- Basic Science: 4
- Clinical: 11
- Total dollars $81.1 million
A total of 294 research projects were active at the College in 2015. College of Medicine funding represents nearly 62 percent of total UVM research funding. The National Institutes of Health supported four Centers of Biomedical Research Excellence (COBRE) at UVM during 2015; these focused on neuroscience, immunology, lung biology, and human behavior and health.
Total Area: 566,500 sq. ft.
- Given Building: 196,000 sq. ft.
- Health Science Research Facility: 110,000 sq. ft.
- Courtyard at Given: 31,000 sq. ft.
- Larner Medical Education Center: 44,000 sq. ft.
- Stafford Hall: 70,000 sq. ft.
- Colchester Research Facility: 72,000 sq. ft.
- DeGoesbriand Unit: 20,000 sq. ft.
- Others: 23,500 sq. ft.
Last modified January 29 2016 10:38 AM