Our shared facilities and resources provide researchers with the sophisticated equipment and methodologies that help expand their work.
- Animal Care Management - animal care services and resources.
- Bioinformatics Core - builds biomedical research capacity throughout the state by promoting faculty and student research at our Baccalaureate Partner Institutions (BPIs) - Castleton State College, Green Mountain College, Johnson State College, Lyndon State College, Middlebury College, Norwich University and Saint Michael's College.
- Biostatistical Bioinformatics Facility - a facility for developing and maintaining a comprehensive coordinated program of research support covering biostatistics, statistical genetics, and epidemiology for biomedical and health-related research activities.
- Biosafety Level 3 (BSL-3) Laboratory and Inhalation Facility - this new lab will be located at the Colchester Research Facility creating a competitive environment for grants in specialized research, including specific infectious diseases.
- Cryoelectron Microscopy Facility - research focuses on the three-dimensional structure determination of macromolecular assemblies using electron microscopy combined with image processing.
- Flow Cytometry and Cell Sorting (FCCS) Facility - designed as a multi-user resource for high speed analysis and sorting of cells.
- Instrumentation & Model Facility – design and fabrication of custom mechanical, optical, electronic and microcomputer-based instruments, parts, and models for UVM research
- Laboratory for Clinical Biochemistry Research - integrates epedemilogy, biochemistry, and molecular biology to help assess cardiovascular risk factors.
- Mass Spectrometry - used to measure stable isotopically labeled compounds used to study metabolism in humans.
- Microscopy Imaging Center - imaging in the Biomedical and Materials sciences from tissues and surfaces to molecules.
- MRI Center for Biomedical Imaging - a research-only facility that specializes in functional and static brain imaging.
- Neuroscience COBRE Core - includes Imaging and Physiology, Cellular/Molecular, and Translational Cores.
- Transgenic Mouse Facility - contains five bubble chambers for newly derived transgenic founders, storage rooms, and clean room housing the microinjecting laboratory. It is a strict barrier facility and maintains a pathogen-free environment.
- Vermont Cancer Center Core
- X-Ray Crystallography - allows biological and biomedical researchers to visualize proteins, RNA, DNA and their complexes at atomic resolution.
Last modified February 27 2014 02:28 PM