This guide is intended for UVM or Larner College of Medicine users who would like redirect email from their UVM Exchange account (@uvm.edu) to another UVM (@uvm.edu) or Larner College of Medicine Exchange account (@med.uvm.edu).
Follow the steps below to create a mail rule that redirects UVM email to a different account:
- Visit https://mail.uvm.edu and sign in with your UVM NetID and password
- Click the gear icon in the top right corner, then select Options
- Under Mail -> Automatic Processing, select Inbox and sweep rules
- Create a new rule by clicking the plus icon.
- Create a descriptive name for your inbox rule. In this example, we chose “Redirect all email to @med.uvm.edu”
- Specify the conditions for when your rule will be applied. In this example, we want every message to be redirected, so we chose [Apply to all messages]
- This step specifies which actions will be performed. Under Move, copy, or delete, select Delete the message.
- Click Add action to add another action to this rule
- This action will perform the message redirection. Under Forward, redirect, or send, select Redirect the message to.
- Next to the Redirect the message to… field, enter the target email address, then click Save.
- Your new Inbox rule settings should look similar to the image below. Once you’ve verified your settings are accurate, click OK.
- Lastly, you’ll receive a warning about editing mail rules using Outlook Web app. Click OK to save your inbox rule.
- At this point, you’ve successfully set up email forwarding from your UVM Account to another UVM or LCOM address! To test this, you can send an email from a completely different account to your UVM account.