Blackboard keeps an Access Log for each student that shows their interaction with the test. The Access Log can show when they started the test, when they opened a question, when they may have tried to answer a question multiple times (which may indicate a problem with the connection), and if the test was simply closed or was actually submitted.
The Access Log cannot show you the specific problem that made the test stop, or what may have produced a significant time gap between questions. It can only show that these actions occurred, which is why it is helpful for the student to let you know at what time the problem happened.
- Locate the cell for the student’s test attempt that you want to investigate.
- The cell must contain either a grade or the Needs Grading icon for an Access Log to be generated. If you submitted the test for the student, an Access Log isn’t generated unless the student selected Save All Answers.
- In the Grade Center, hover your cursor over the cell that displays the grade, click on the drop-down menu button, and choose Attempt. (If there are multiple attempts, choose the appropriate one.)
- On the Grade Test page, find the small Test Information link under the student’s name to expand the Test Information section.
- In the Test Information area that expands, click the “Access Log” button.